Baby Gender DNA Test with Maternal Urine
homeDNAdirect New Zealand is one of the first companies to offer a 99% accurate baby gender prediction test at 9 weeks of pregnancy. Besides its accuracy, our DNA test is unique because it uses only a urine sample from the pregnant mother. Unlike other gender tests available, we do not use impractical blood samples or other such invasive methods.
Cost, specifications and ordering
Why not find out if it’s a boy or girl today? Order your gender prediction test for only $425. homeDNAdirect will send you a kit. you send us your samples and we will send you your results in just 7-10 working days. We can offer a 4-6 working day rush service at an additional cost if you wish to shorten the turnaround time.
Our test includes a special sample collection kit which will be sent to you as soon as you make your order. Inside your kit you will find:
- The sterile cup needed to contain your urine
- A special purple-coloured solution which will ensure the DNA does not degrade
- Forms, sterile gloves and sterile wipes.
- Return, pre-paid courier service (this is included in the $425 paid)
The Science and analysis of your baby’s DNA
Science has made a huge leap forward in the ambit of baby gender testing and our partner laboratories have pioneered this highly advanced gender test. Using a system of DNA amplification and replication known as polymerase chain reaction, the laboratories carrying out your test can identify male specific Y chromosome genetic markers in the urine. If we locate these male genetic markers in the urine sample, we know that the fetus is a male. The absence of male genetic markers, denotes a female.
Laboratory trials and validation studies have in fact shown that this test is 99% accurate at confirming the gender of the fetus at 9 weeks of pregnancy.
Some important precautions
- Make sure you are in your 9th week of pregnancy following the first day of your last menstrual period. This is not to be confused with weeks of gestation or pregnancy weeks from conception.
- Avoid intimate contact with any male for 72 hours before sample collection. Intimate contact could cause contamination with foreign male DNA which could provide a wrong result.
- Make sure to use the special solution we supply, adding it to your urine sample. Send the sample to us as soon as possible. Keeping the sample for long could affect the DNA contained within it.
homeDNAdirect has a customer care team specially trained to assist you with the most complex and technical DNA testing enquiries. Contact us for more information about your gender prediction test with maternal urine samples or Have homeDNAdirect call you.
Laboratories carrying out analysis of your samples are awarded to the highest standards and have been awarded both ISO 17025 and AABB (American Association of Blood Banks) laboratory accreditations.
Our gender test can be taken by any expectant mother from her 9th week onwards. We do not require that you fast before collecting your sample but there may be some instances when you may not be able to take this test; these cases are rare and include females who have had bone marrow transplants from a male donor, a blood transfusion within 18 months of taking the test as well as a recent miscarriage (unless miscarried fetus was female). If you are concerned about any of these, contact us.